Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fly By Christmas, Bye Bye Christmas

Where did December go? Christmas comes and goes every year, but this year Christmas seemed to be on Obama's fast-track plan to take over the white house. You remember that plan...The time when we had no idea who Barack Obama was, and then *POOF* Hello Mr. President. Has it only been two years? I guess the difference is that Christmas left me happy and wanting more...ooops, I'm off track.

The point is, I am just not ready to take down my beautiful pink, purple, red, and gold Christmas tree!


Trey and I have enjoyed sitting in the den, and enjoying the beautiful Christmas lights coming from the tree in the dining room. So how long can we leave it up? You know, before the Homeowners Association comes knockin'...

Our Christmas started off at Trey's parents house in the Delta. It was lovely. We really enjoyed getting to see our 2 and a half year old nephew get so excited about all his presents. He is at a very fun age, and it was special to see the magic of Christmas through his innocent eyes. After laughter and lots of catching up, we headed to Huntsville to do Christmas with my family.

It was again, a lovely time. There, we enjoyed seeing our 9 month old nephew eat all his presents. Not quite as exciting when it came time to open, but still magical and lots of fun. In Huntsville, we shared two wonderful nights with the whole family. We laughed so hard that we were crying most of the time, and Christmas ended with my Grandmother playing beer pong in her mink stole, but that's another blog. It's times like those, when the whole family is together, that I really wish Trey and I lived in Huntsville, but I know God has a plan for us, and right now, we are where we need to be.

Christmas was fun, and definitely all about family (as Christmas should be) but I did get some wonderful gifts...



Elizabeth gave me this, and although I don't like to pick favorites, this is probably it. It is a painting from a local artist in Huntsville and it is of the church that Trey and I got married in. I will forever cherish this painting. The first thing I did when I got back to Clinton, was get this framed. I took it to Hobby Lobby, picked out a frame, and had them put it together. Just as the guy got it perfectly fit into the frame, he took his finger and ran it all the way down, from the steeple, to the rod iron fence. He lifted his finger and announced to all of Hobby Lobby, "Oh, it's just a print." Then he threw a piece of glass in it, and handed me my ticket.

Um..excuse me sir, what would you have done if it hadn't been a print? You don't think that prints can get fingerprints on them too? I demand that you give me this frame for free!

All of these thoughts ran through my head, and I couldn't decide which to say, but I knew I had to say it fast or ugly words might be added, and being banned from Hobby Lobby might be the worst thing I could imagine (Trey wouldn't mind). "I love my print, thanks for framing it." That's what I said? That's how it came out? Meade, you are mad! That man just ran his finger down YOUR CHURCH! "Have a great day." Damn it. I was snubbed by the Hobby Lobby frame guy.



Not very exciting to those of you who aren't married, but Trey and I desperately needed this utensil spinning thing. Don't judge me. Thanks mom!



My mother-in-law gave me a gift card to Belk, and I bought this maroon dress for New Years Eve. Trey's dad gave us Gator Bowl tickets for Christmas, so we will be in Jacksonville at the Dawg Pound Party on New Years Eve. The maroon is perfect. Of course I needed new shoes as well...



Ahhh...that's better.

Oh yea, I got one other gift...it came a little before Christmas. Just a little something Trey picked up for me in Alabama...



A new Nissan Murano. Love.



Black leather interior, just like my old Pathfinder (Patty, for those of you who knew her.) Maggie, errr...my new car, even has a nifty little backup camera. Would have come in handy when I lived on South Nash. It also has not one, but TWO sunroofs (actually, I think one is a "moon roof" but same thing)! Heaven.



Of course, it wasn't really even my car, until I completed it with this...



Hail State! Thanks Trey!

Meade.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Great blog. And your grandmother playing beer pong in her mink stole? CLASSIC. Glad you had a great Christmas. Looks like you got some wonderful things!!! Have a great New Year's.

    ReplyDelete